Sunday, August 30, 2009

Essay 1: My great memory

The slimy and squiggly farm writhed in point as it is hooked on the sharp bent iron. To those weak at heart, it is not a sight to savor but for those who love fishing, the scene is something ordinary. If you are squeamish about worm, then fishing is not a suitable hobby.

As for me, I just love fishing. My father bought me for my first fishing trip in Taman Negara 4 years ago, and since then I am hooked. Every available time. I would follow my father or some friends for a fishing trip. What accessories do I need for fishing? Quiet a lot. First, you need the fishing rod. The rod ranges from a simple bamboo stick to the more complicated rod made of steel being sold at the shops. Then, you will need the special tied at the end of the rod. Then, you need the bait. You can use baits like worms, grasshoppers, frog and many more. There also sell artificial baits made from soft and colorful synthetic rubber.

Fishing could be a very expensive hobby if you are seriously into it. You need hundreds of ringgit to buy the accessories. For example, a good fishing rod could cost you up to RM 200 per piece or more but as a kid, I spend a few ringgits only just to buy the rod and hook. The rod I found from the bushes behind my house. The baits I dug out from the ground.

Some people might say that fishing is just a waste of time. For me, it is not! As for me, when I go fishing, I can relax my mind and body. I also like the feeling when I catch some fish because I fell more satisfaction when a fish eat my bait. Last month, I entered a fishing competition and I won second prize. I receive RM 1000 for my effect. So, who say that fishing is waste of time?

Not many people share my passion. However, no one can change how I feel towards fishing. I would love it as my hobby for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment